Monday 22 December 2008

Link

Last Thursday and Sunday, I watched Manchester United on TV. I’m not a big football supporter but I enjoyed watching the game because it was held in Japan. Before the match on Thursday I sent an email to my brother and he told me he would definitely watch the game on TV. I also sent a message to my sister but she replied, “I’m watching the game, and I will be supporting the Japanese team.” At first I thought “Why does she support Gamba Osaka?” However it was me who changed my mind; if I were in Japan, I would support Osaka but now I am supporting Manchester United without realising. On Thursday I also noticed I couldn’t recognize any of the players who play for Gamba Osaka. All of the players whom I used to know have moved to other teams or retired. Now I know more players in the English Premier league than J-leaguers. Time flies. Anyway it was an interesting match; all of my family watched the game on TV in Japan and sent me messages individually. I watched the same live match on TV in Manchester and I felt like I was watching it with my family. This fact made me feel closer to Japan.

I’m planning to go on the stadium tour of Manchester United when my family visit me for the New Year holidays. I also plan to get on the Manchester wheel. I don’t go out to sightsee here and I’ve never tried these so it’s exciting.
I’m thinking about good restaurants, I’ve been to pubs, Italians, Indian and Chinese restaurants and they were all nice. The other day, I asked my Italian friend about recommending Italian restaurant in Manchester; however she told me she hasn’t tried any of them. Whenever she has tried to go to Italian restaurants she has found spelling mistakes on the menu and it stopped her from entering the restaurants. Her attitude doesn’t surprise me because I found the advertisement “Award Winning Japanese Cuisine” “for a Truly Authentic Japanese Eating Experience.” in a local news paper, but in my opinion the restaurant is horrible. They don’t say what kind of “Award” they won and the ad finished with “No eat-no charge guarantee”; but is this something special?

I'll also cook for them; I learnt some new recipes from my friends after coming to Manchester. Not all of the recipes are British but I’ll definitely cook borscht, chilli con carne, Italian pasta and scones. During my daily life I cook food without a name like “cooked chicken with vegetable”. My family are interested in what I cook in England so for a while I took photos of my dinners but they didn’t look tasty so I never sent them. My family will evaluate my cooking very soon.

No comments: