Tuesday 27 October 2009

Before and After

Before I went back to Japan, I got temporary work which was marketing research in UK. My work was making a phone call to UK companies and filling out the survey in Japanese. It wasn’t easy for me to talk with native English speakers on phone in addition no one wants to cooperate with the survey which isn’t profitable for them. So it was very difficult to avoid hearing “I don’t have time.” or “As the company’s policy, I can’t answer your questions.” After being rejected by 20 companies, I was almost giving up my work but my boss trusted me to do it and somehow I could manage this work and got enough money for my travel expense to Japan.
I like work not just because of income but because I can have a link to real world. Through any kinds of job I can learn how the society works and get new knowledge. After coming back from Japan, I got new kind of temporally work from the same boss. It was a translation work from Japanese to English. I enjoyed it very much. I didn’t need to make a phone call so I can work till late at night if I want to. I could do it with my own pace and to the level which I feel comfortable. If I would get this kind of job, I can do it anytime however the work finished in one week. It’s irony but when I work, I wish I would finish it as soon as possible on the other hand once I finished it I feel I would like to get a new work to do. I had been waiting a new job and got email from my boss last week. My new job is again marketing research on phone! Although I waited translation work I have no choice. My challenge will start and will be continued.

No comments: