Monday 12 July 2010

1Q84



I borrowed "1Q84" from my friend. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Haruki Murakami however I really enjoyed reading this. There are some particular attractive facts. One of them is music. My friend from Manchester Chorus let me listen Janacek's Sinfonietta as her favorite. In this book the music is described as a hard to notice as it is. Thanks to this book, nowadays many Japanese recognized it but thanks to my British friend, I knew Sinfonietta before reading the book.


The other fact is one of character's name is Eriko. It's common name and I found my name in some different books. I don't know the reason but usually the character named Eriko is not normal. If you read "1Q84", it's obvious. As another example I add Eriko in "Kitchen" written by Banana Yoshimoto.
I assume the main reason that I enjoyed reading Haruki's novel is that now I'm getting used to his writing style. In this book, one person said, "If you need some explanation, it means you wouldn't understand it with explanation." Hum, tricky isn't it?

No comments: