Tuesday 23 October 2007

These days

I was not coming Manchester for part-time job. So, I take a day off on every Wednesday and go to an English class. There are 20 students and I am the only Japanese in the class. I look forward to improving my English and having international friends there. My classmates are from China, Korea, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Spain, Chile, Turkey, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Iran.


I also started going to fitness club. I join Tai-chi, Yoga and Pilates classes. One instructor teaches these three classes. She isn’t a European or Asian. She is a Brazilian. When I waited for Tai-chi class, some people asked me “are you Tai-chi teacher?” It’s interesting that an Asian learns Tai-chi from a Brazilian in UK.


My boss at work went to business trip to USA last week. So I could enjoy conversation with customers without a sales talk. They are interested in Japan. Some of them are looking for Japanese language exchange mates. Why not me? I will start language exchange with two people. One is from America. She had three years experience in Japan. The other is originally from Iran. He has a plan to work in Japan next year. I look forward to sharing learning languages and cultures with them.

Now I start enjoying my life as an international person in Manchester.

2 comments:

Jana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jana said...

uooou, your life sounds nice, ... I would do this too.

Cheers,
Jana