Monday 29 September 2008

Job Hunting-2

The manager at the sandwich shop told me that she would ring me on Friday, I waited for her call, but she didn’t call me. I really hate this!
I don’t say British people aren’t punctual. If my friend said “I will email you on Friday.” I would receive an email on Friday. Things are usually like this. People keep promises. However regarding business, not everything goes on time. Just waiting is really annoying. To avoid being frustrated, I describe my feelings.

Let’s start from the beginning. Why do I want to work at the sandwich shop? If I were in Japan, I wouldn’t apply to a sandwich shop. To tell you the truth, I’m not interested in making sandwiches. However I am interested in working in Manchester.
Although I complained a lot about my ex-boss and quitted the job still I appreciated the opportunity and worked there. I saw many people there. I still keep in touch with some of them. I also learned a lot about how things work in England. The experience gave me topics to talk about with friends and of course earning money is obvious profit.

At the moment I don’t work. So I can go out any time when my friends are free. I don’t have an income but I have free time. Now I’m wondering whether I really want to work at the sandwich shop or not. Anyway I will know sooner or later.


After one week, I didn’t receive a call from the sandwich shop, so I rang the manager’s mobile number, but she just said, “Hello??” and then hung up. I wasn’t sure if she didn’t hear my voice or if she did this on purpose, so I tried to ring her again, but she didn’t pick my phone up. I had no way to ask her my result so I gave up on working there.

No comments: