Wednesday 14 January 2009

A wonderful Customer Service

I go to a Cafe almost every Monday and order a cup of tea there. I go there for studying so anything is OK for me to drink. Here in England, tea is cheaper than coffee so I order it although, it’s not fancy and served with a tea bag.
Today I was a bit hungry and tired so I was thinking to order a latte instead of tea. When I entered the cafe, a clerk seemed to recognize me and said, “a cup of tea?” with a smile. I was amazed because usually customer service in England is worse than in Japan. I should have said “no”, but I said “yes, please” automatically. After he turned back to prepare the tea, I noticed and I said, “ah” then he turned toward me, but still I couldn’t say “I’d like to have a latte.” I just said “nothing” with a smile. Well maybe I will put some sugars in my tea then it would energize me, I thought. He brought my cup of tea with a satisfactory smile without asking about milk and sugar. I usually drink tea with milk without sugar and he remembered my favour perfectly. It surprised me. I wanted to put sugar in it just today but I didn’t want to disturb his wonderful customer service. He asked me “anything else?” but I said “this is fine.” This is the first time I have experienced wonderful customer service, but it didn’t work well for me unfortunately.

No comments: