Sunday 16 August 2009

Japanese Archery

When I arrived in Manchester two years ago, I tried to find a place for practicing 弓道, Japanese Archery. I searched web site with key words “Manchester, Japanese Archery” however I couldn’t find any place where I could join.
Recently one of my friends told me that he practices Japanese Archery in Manchester and the organization shows their information on web site. I wondered whether the facility was built in two years however he told me it’s not a new one and it’s been there at least more than five years. Why didn’t I find them on web site two years ago? He told me if I would use key words “Manchester, Kyudo” I would find it. Oh dear, I didn’t have to translate “Kyudo” to “Japanese Archery”. I found it without problem and I saw some photos; only one difference from Japan I noticed is there are no girls. My friend told me only two girls join Kyudo practice in Manchester at moment. My problem is that their practice starts from 8:30am on Saturdays. It would take one hour to go there so I just hesitate to join them. I know it would be worth to get up early in the morning and practice Kyudo in Manchester but I’m a lazy.

No comments: