Tuesday 23 February 2010

Good Luck to my Friend

One of my friends, K decided to go back her country and would take a bar exam. K is taking the first exam in February and will take the second one in June. My other Japanese friend, M is planning to go back to Japan in April. K said if she failed the first exam, she would come back to Manchester in March and see M again. M and I were wishing to see K again but also wishing her pass the exam. We were complicated situation and did not know what to say to K. Before her leaving, she sent email to us and told which airline she would get on. M and I were thinking about going to the Manchester airport to see her off however we did not want to bother her to fix time for meet up on her departing day. Eventually we decided to go to the airport without appointment. We searched website and checked her possible flight and estimated her arriving time at the airport.

On our way to the airport M asked me “By the way do you know which Terminal, K would take off?” My answer was “I’ll check it at the airport.” Although we were not sure whether we would find K at the airport or not, I was optimistic. After we checked the Terminal number and headed to the check-in counter, I found K’s husband in the crowd. I said “I can see her husband.” And M replied “I see him holding someone’s hand, it must be K.” YES, it was K! At first K did not understand what we were doing at the airport. After she knew we came for her, she looked so happy. At the moment I was sure that I will see her again somewhere someday in the future.

No comments: