Tuesday 13 November 2007

Force of habit

It’s been 5 month since I arrived here. I’d already been asked for directions more than seven times by passersby. It’s obvious that I’m not a local person. I don’t know why people ask me for the directions. Although I’m bad at directions, I do my best.

One day, a man asked me the direction to Piccadilly station. I pointed in the direction. It was obvious to me however he told me that I was wrong. He said, “No”.

WHAT??

He asked me the direction and I answered him. Why did he tell me NO? If he knew the direction already, he didn’t need to ask me, right?

He said it should be close to the City tower. “Oh I see,” I said. He wanted Piccadilly garden where there is a big bus terminal.


Yesterday, on my way home from my work, I was asked for directions by two women. After showing them the directions, they said “Thank you” to me. I automatically said “See you”.

Oops!

No comments: