Friday 2 November 2007

Halloween

Once I was in New York on Halloween day. It was really exciting. Many people wore strange costumes. Even business men wore devil costumes and went to work as usual. Some dogs also wore wings or extra tails. It’s an event for kids and also adults.

My image of Halloween in England is just like my American one. However, it’s just an event for kids. I had English class on that day. My teacher taught us the history of Halloween and how to react if kids visit our places. This is educational rather than fun. On my way back home, I went to a big supermarket (TESCO). Some sales assistants wore Halloween costumes, but they were wearing it as their duty and it wasn’t exciting.

2 comments:

blah said...

TESCO sounds like JUSCO :)

Eriko said...

I didn't notice it.
According to Wikipedia, JUSCO is coming from:
Japan United Stores Company
TESCO is:
The name came about after Cohen bought a shipment of tea from T.E. Stockwell. He made new labels using the first three letters of the supplier's name (TES), and the first two letters of his surname (CO), forming the word "TESCO".
It’s interesting.