Tuesday 4 December 2007

Japanese-language teacher

Since I arrived in Manchester, I have been thinking about becoming a Japanese-language teacher. I’m a native Japanese, however I have no idea how to teach Japanese. There is a correspondence course and I can take it here.


One day a Japanese lady came to my shop. She was a Japanese-language teacher in Bolton. I heard her story with interest. Some Japanese companies had their factories in Bolton and Japanese-language was a compulsory subject in schools. I thought that was wonderful however, she had to teach Japanese for students who weren’t interested in Japan. I could easily imagine it being hard. Learning other languages was just like learning their cultures. If they weren’t interested in Japan, it would be difficult to keep up their will for studying. After one year of the compulsory subject, they could choose continuation of the Japanese-language study. Just a few students chose it. It’s disappointing.

1 comment:

annya said...

Hi Erico,
I want to learn Japanese. Will you teach me? :)
Annya