Monday 10 December 2007

People who speak to me

When I walk with a local friend, a charity person or an Insurance company person speaks to us. My friend knows what it’s like, so he says “no thank you” before they start to explain.

This happens when I walk with my American friend, Belle. A lady comes to us and says “I’m not selling anything to you. Please just let me know your age”. It’s a strange question. Belle answers her age, but I don’t. Then the lady asked me “are you a student?” I just tell her “I’m not a student” and leave her. I’m usually ignored by them when I walk alone. So it’s easy for me not answering her question and leaving there.

After 3minutes, another guy speaks to us. He is a charity person. He tries to interrupt our conversation. He may think he should say something interesting. He says “Are you sisters?” Belle enjoys his question and answers “Yes, we are.” He says “yes, I can tell you two look alike.” Ha haha, ridiculous. Belle continues “I tipped you last week. Do you remember?” He says “Of course I remember you.”


All my experience speaking with these people on the road is awful.

I try not to ignore people who speak to me on the road. At first a lady recommends that I buy a special package for my hair. Once I pay 45 pounds (around 10,000yen) I can get any hair arrangement, including a hair cut, perm and massages for three months. She says “you can have your hair done every weekend!” I’m not interested in the package, however, I’m not good at saying “No, thank you” so it took a long time to escape from her.

Next, the second guy speaks to me very gently. He invites me to come to his church. Sorry but I’m not religious person.

The third case is terrible. Two ladies ask me to give them some change. After half an hour, I see them again by chance and they are choosing from a menu at a restaurant.

Gradually I feel it’s a better choice for me to ignore people who speak to me on the road.

No comments: