Thursday 21 February 2008

Pay As You Go

Pre paid cell phones are called “Pay as you go” in England. It’s not popular in Japan anymore, but it’s quite convenient here. I don’t need any ID for getting a cell phone. By just telling my name and birthday, I can buy and use it immediately.

I said it’s not popular in Japan, but I used a pre-paid cell phone before I came here. I brought it with me, but I can’t use it here. I can use it when I go back to Japan, however, my cell phone company is TU-KA. They will stop all cell phone services after the end of March 2008. Because TU-KA was merged into au. I have to change my TU-KA contract into an au one. They sent me the procedures. They have to confirm my identification through my current TU-KA’s cell phone. They’ll call it and I have to pick the phone up. If I were in Japan, it would be easy, but now I’m in England. How can I do it? All procedures are free and if I could finish the procedures, I could get a new au cell phone. In any case, I have to cancel the current contract with TU-KA, otherwise they’ll keep sending the cancelation procedures. So, I filled out the cancellation form for TU-KA and the new contract form for au and sent them to Japan. After a week, I got an international call from au. He asked me “Do you want to change your TU-KA contract to au?” I couldn’t imagine I could change my contract in Japan from England. So, I said, “If I could, I’d love to do it.” All procedures were finished by phone and they are kindly sending a new one to my parent’s house. Wow, again Japanese company is awesome!

No comments: