Wednesday 15 August 2007

August 15, 2007

It’s been two months since I arrived in Manchester. It was terrible weather in June. I thought it was usual in England. If it is so cool during summer, what will happen in winter? I was sad. However, one day a newspaper said: “Mopping up wettest June for 76 years: It has been the wettest June in Greater Manchester for more than three quarters of a century – and there’s more rain to come.” This is not a usual weather even in England.

In August, the weather is really nice. Many sunny days and never humid. Now I understand why European people in Japan are suffering from Japanese summer.

One of my favourite services here is free newspaper. It’s free every weekday. It’s handed near a station, shopping mall and anywhere people come. Sometimes I can’t say “no thank you” and got two copies of the same paper in a day. However, it costs 38p on Saturday, probably because it carries TV listings for both Saturday and Sunday. I didn’t know about it and I was almost being a robber.


Something is at my window...



Wow, it’s a tough work to wash the window of the second floor from the ground using a brush with a long pole. I’m impressed with their efforts, but I can’t see any difference before and after washing....

No comments: