Wednesday 8 August 2007

August 8, 2007

Ring-ring:


Telephone is ringing at 8:00am this morning. Last week, I answered a telephone call at 9:00am and it was wrong number. I sigh, AGAIN?

The call last week was very funny. I picked up the phone and the person said something. I couldn’t catch his word so I just said:


Eriko: “Yes?”

Person: “I’m coming to your place at 8am tomorrow.”

E: “Tomorrow?”

P: “Yes.”

E: “Why are you coming?”

P: “Minor treatment.”

E: “I didn’t ask any repair in my place.”

P: “I need minor surgery.”

E: “Surgery? I think you must have a wrong number. My number is........ ”

P: “Yes, I called the same number. Please pass my message to.....”

E: “I don’t know who I could pass your message to.”

P: “Isn’t it the eye surgery office?”

E: “No.”


He apologised and hung up the phone. Anyway, my number may have been used in an eye surgery.... If so, there’s another problem.

Back to the today’s call:


E: “Hello?”

P: “............coming..........”


I couldn’t catch almost any words. However, from my experience last week, I thought this must be the same kind of the wrong number call.


I said:

E: “I think you must have a wrong number.”

P: “I call .......”

E: “Yes, it’s my telephone number. I don’t know where you got it.”

P: “Your apartment number is 44?”

E: “Yes.”

P: “I deliver your parcel but I can’t get in the gate. Would you come and open the gate?”


I SEE. It’s not the wrong number this time. Why doesn’t the delivery person have a key for the entrance gate? It’s inconvenient to go out just to open the gate for a delivery..... Anyway, there’s no choice.


The parcel is Japanese foods sent from my brother!! This is a surprise present.

2 comments:

The Great Smurf said...

"Why doesn’t the delivery person have a key for the entrance gate?"....mmmmmm....that's UK, not Japan...it'd be really insecure to give the gate's key to any possible delivery company...the turnover of such companies are high (i guess), so you couldn't actually track where your key is after some months. Anyway, I think that's a common practice, at least in Spain.

Jana said...

Isn't it nice to receive an unexpected parcel from your family :-).
When we've got one, we've always opened it with a big expectation.