Thursday 29 May 2008

Trip to London Part 1

My friend came to London from Japan for a business trip. I was excited.

It took 2hours and 30minutes from Manchester to London by train. So it wasn’t problem for me to go there.

Three days before her coming, I checked for train tickets on a web site and noticed there were no direct trains from Manchester to London on the weekend. So it would take 4hours and 40minutes with a transfer.

I checked for airplanes. However, I couldn’t find a good flight with a reasonable price.

The other possibility was a bus. It would take 4hours and 30minutes. So there is no time difference between bus and train. It’s much cheaper than train and no transfer is necessary. So I chose to go by bus.

My bus left Manchester at 6:45am. I’ve never used a long distance bus service before, so I wasn’t sure whether they would run on time or not. I asked my friend to ring my mobile in case. When she called me I was on a bus and I couldn’t hear her voice. It was raining, the bus was delayed and my mobile didn’t work well. I was in trouble. She called me again but I was on the underground at that time. So my mobile didn’t work again. After I got off the tube, I noticed a voice message from her. She left a message that she had already left our meeting point and was looking for me. She used a public phone because her Japanese mobile didn’t work in the UK. So I had no way to contact her from my side. Anyway I went to our meeting point and listened to the voice message from her again. I had no clue where she was. I’ve not seen her for a year; she may have changed her hair style. Still I was optimistic and I believed I would see her because I came to London to see her. I walked back toward the underground station. And I saw my friend!

No comments: