Saturday 22 September 2007

Customer service

In a rainy day, there are few customers at the supermarket I am working. So, the British owner gave me a lecture how to do “customer service” in England. From my point of view, customers asked me questions if they have an interest in something. So, I usually wait to be asked by them. However, he told me I should speak to them first. He says, “they are your friends and don’t be afraid to speak out.”


Actually when I shop at a department store, usually people working there come and give me detailed information about items. I thought it’s just they like talking, but my boss says that is the English way of customer service and it would be worth for me to learn. When in Manchester do as the Manc do :) My boss and I did role play and I practiced explaining items.


At first I was afraid to pick up phone calls, but now I am ok with it. So, I hope it would be OK to speak to customers soon.

No comments: