Sunday 9 September 2007

New job

Starting something is very exciting. I finished my first training day for my new job. After finishing two days training, I will start my work without support.

My work starts with cleaning the shop. It’s not a busy shop, so if customers come I do cashier work. Other times I display goods for sale, put price tags and check the items. Customers are people who are interested in Japan. So, I can enjoy communicating with them. The shop sells Korean items, too. I was asked about the taste of Korean drink however, I had no clue about it because all explanation was written in Hangeul. I should taste it for next time people ask me. The shop sells rice, miso, green tea, tofu, frozen natto, Asahi beer, Sake, Japanese sweets and many more. An interesting item is a frozen Unagi (eel). My colleague told me it’s tasty. OK I will buy it when I get my first salary;)

Many of Japanese colleagues are university students in Manchester. They are very nice persons. Although I am a new comer they use Keigo (respectful form of Japanese) to me. They also speak beautiful English. I am wishing I could make progress in speaking English.

No comments: