Tuesday 19 June 2007

June 14, 2007

Hello from Manchester.

Finally I arrive in Manchester. Now I stay at hotel and try to find place to live. For finding place to live, I visited two places. Both of them gave me web link and recommend me to search by Internet first and if I find something interesting, I could call them. OK I need Internet service. At city library, free Internet service is available. I went there and asked whether I could use Internet. If I could get a membership of the library, I could use Internet. For getting a membership service, I need UK address. Well, I have to find other way to use Internet. At hotel Internet service is available with 10 pounds for 24 hours. Now I have no choice and use the expensive service.

Good things today:

-I got banana on road. In Japan, we receive tissue with advertisement. Here, advertisement sticker is on a banana! This is good idea. I like it.

-I didn’t lose my way back to hotel. This is important for me.

Bad things today:

-I couldn’t chance my travelers check to cash at bank. I need to open account first and need to pay some fee for it and also takes 5 business days. I just wanted to change 100 pounds… I went to supermarket and used 20 pounds check. I was required to show my passport. Well traveler’s check isn’t easy to use here.

-Traffic rule is not so different from Japan, but I don’t get the traffic lights for pedestrian. Hope I can keep avoiding cars.

1 comment:

Juan said...

Hey! I prefer banana, too. But if they did this in Japan, they would bankrupt.:) Are fruits cheaper in UK than here?