Wednesday 27 June 2007

June 26, 2007

It was fine today. After 12 days, this is the first day there is no shower the whole day through.

For solving the problem about water and electricity, I went to the state agent office of renting my place. I really appreciate their efforts that I could start to use my property by shortcut procedures. However, they let me know a different postal address. In England, postcode alone can identify the building. So, postcode plus a room number can usually identify my property. When I called an electricity company, however, the telephone operator said “I’m sorry, but I can’t find your property with your postcode and address”. WHERE am I living?? Their recommendation was to ask the landlord. I visited the state agent and they called to the landlord, but she also didn’t know about the correct address. WHO knows it? Anyway, I left my cell phone number and they will get back to me when they can find the correct address.

The maintenance person who was scheduled to come yesterday came here today. They promised to call my cell phone before their coming, but they called me after that. I was at library when I receive their phone call. Anyway, they had an extra key and came into my place and fixed some places. Things are not on schedule, but anyway there’s progress.

No comments: