Thursday 28 June 2007

June 27, 2007

I went to library for a PC with free Internet access. Today, I had two hours before my reservation for using it, so I looked around the library. It is a huge library. I found Shakespeare’s writings and audio books. Yes, it is nice to read and listen to Shakespeare’s works during my stay in his country. Maybe next time :)

I kept walking in the library. There is a “Language & Literature” section. This seems to be interesting. There are many language-learning books from all over the world. I found about 100 or more Japanese books. There’re also picture books, textbooks for learning English, travel guidebooks, novels and even mangas (comic books). The good point is that there is a huge variety. The bad point is that these books seem aimlessly gathered. These might be donated by Japanese who had left here. I found three copies of the same book titled “It’s fun to live in England” by a Japanese author. I also found a book titled “I’d like to live in Italy” written in Japanese. Who would read this book in Manchester??

No comments: