Tuesday 19 June 2007

June 18, 2007

It’s not easy to find a room for rent. We went to the office on Saturday, but we couldn’t check our accommodation immediately. We made reservation for checking the rooms. Sunday is closed and Monday is full of schedule, so earliest possibility is Tuesday. Anyway, we extend our hotel for three more nights. Hope we could use the room immediately.

On Sunday, we walked around this area. We found Asian supermarket. There is a small China town in Manchester. We can buy rice, soy sauce, Chinese or Japanese tea and Hello Kitty there. Hahaha now Hello Kitty is one of the symbols of Asia.

Today, I went window shopping. It’s colder than I imagine, so I need a jacket or something warmer. All selling clothes are for summer….. Anyway this is good to see because the season people wear this kind of summer cloth will come soon. I have to wait for a while the time comes.

I sometimes feel nervous whether my English does make sense or not. Actually, people do something if I say something. This morning, I asked a lady at front desk of hotel to print out my name with hotel address. This is because I wanted to be a membership of city library. A lady asked me “how to spell your name?” So, I said “E.R.I.K.O”, she said “OK”. And she handed printed out one to me, it’s written “ERICA”. Sigh….

Does this caused by she thought I have English name or just my pronunciation isn’t good enough? Anyway, the library didn’t accept hotel address for membership card, so I need neither Eriko nor Erica ID.

I failed to be member at library again, so I went to Internet café instead. It cost 1 pound (=240yen) for 30 minutes. I can read Japanese email, but can’t write Japanese letters. Different letters are inconvenient.

No comments: