Monday 25 June 2007

June 24, 2007

TV arrives today! My place is furnished, but there was no TV. My life is becoming better day by day. Still I don’t have Internet access. My current access is from an Internet café or a library. It’s not convenient, but better than nothing. It may take three weeks for getting Internet access at home…. I’ll call BT (British Telecom) tomorrow. I also need to call a water company and an electricity company. I can use the utility now, but I should let them know I started to use the utilities from Thursday. I’m not sure who will pay the fee before I started to live here.

I have to pay water, electricity, TV, and council tax besides house rent fee. I didn’t know about council tax, but it’s about 100 pounds per month. Payment for TV license is also mandatory. If I use BT broadband service, telephone fee and broadband fee are also necessary…

1 comment:

The Great Smurf said...

hi, Eriko!

woow!!! welcome to taxland!
yeah, in England is mandatory paying for watching TV, whereas in Spain should be mandaroty to get paid for wathching it! hahaha!!
but you got to start learning the art of skipping mandatory payments. But be careful, or you could end up being catch as I was....hahaha!!

bye,

J.