Thursday 12 July 2007

July 12, 2007

In case of illness, I have to register with GP at a surgery. The procedures are not complicated however I need to bring the proof of my address. This causes a problem. My address on the tenancy agreement does not work for official use, because it's different from that on the letter from the city council. So, I needed to visit the estate agent, again. Every time I go there, I wish this would be the last time to come. But it would never be the last one.

The lady at office said it’s difficult to re-issue my tenancy agreement with the official address. Instead, she wrote a letter to the doctor’s surgery. It describes: the problem of two addresses is due to the fact that the property has 2 entrances and therefore 2 different roads correspond to the same address.

She handed this letter and said “Good luck”. However, as far as I know, my property has only 1 entrance, and the problem results from the misprint by the very estate agent. Anyway I wish the letter will work.

When I leave there she says “See you SOON,” with a big smile.

I really don’t want to see her soon…..

Does “see you soon” mean something else?

2 comments:

Dylan said...

Actually, my sister's last apartment did have two addresses, and it resulted in ENDLESS confusion. I guess that's one area where Japan has it right! Label the blocks, rather than the streets, and there's no confusion.

Eriko said...

Yes, now I miss super-duper Japanese system.
I don't miss “the choking humidity”, though …