Wednesday 18 July 2007

July 18, 2007

It’s been a month since I arrived in Manchester, still I don’t know what the British food is. Now I don’t have a car, so I need to go grocery shopping every day and carry the items by hand. I have heard there’s delivery service at supermarket however I don’t trust it because my telephone machine has not been delivered yet. Anyway it’s interesting to go to a supermarket. I miss fresh fish, but I can buy turkey and lamb instead. Of course vegetables and fruits taste the same. Milk and eggs taste a bit different, but no problem. But rice, I can’t buy it at the supermarket nearby. They sell different kind of rice from Japanese one. Fortunately, there’s Chinatown in Manchester.

I can buy rice (NISHIKI), miso(Takeya), soy-sause(Kikkoman) , curry sauce mix(S&B) and even frozen Natto. NISHIKI is California rice, but called Sushi rice here and it tastes quite nice. Thanks for Chinatown I can cook curry rice here as well as in Japan.


No comments: