Tuesday 3 July 2007

July 3, 2007

Finally, my broadband connection is activated! It provides both Internet and telephone service. I ordered rental telephone equipment and it should be delivered before the activation, however, it’s not arrived yet. Something is not perfect. Now I found the telephone set is not expensive, so I’d like to cancel the rental order and buy the new one. However, the cancellation telephone line is busy and I can’t do anything else other than just waiting.

About electricity, I couldn’t find the meter in my room. It is at the common place and it’s locked. So, I went to the estate agent office of renting my place for opening it. They just gave me three telephone numbers, and said one of three offices would help me read the meter. Do I need to appreciate the information? I have to call them one by one. My telephone at home isn’t delivered yet. Well every process is not a big problem, but doesn’t go smoothly. I am getting used to wait or queue here.


This is my kitchen:















Washing machine is in the kitchen! Is this normal in Europe? It’s a big surprise for me at first. Now I think it is a good idea!



5 comments:

sacofat said...

Hi Eriko,

Wow.. it does seem like there's something a bit annoying about everything. I have to thank SHIEN that my transition to life in Japan was very smooth both times here in Japan!

Oh and I think I've seen others' pictures of the washing machine in the kitchen. i still think that would be weird, since chinese style cooking covers everything in the kitchen with grease..

Jana said...

Is there not enough space in the bathroom for the washing machine? Why do you find washing machine in the kitchen as a good idea? Do you know how to wash with this one ;-)?

It is a nice kitchen, big and bright. What about other rooms? Are they also nice as kitchen?

ouss said...

yeah definitely, very moderm 1
The advantage of having the washing machine fit inside a compartment might be the extra lateral immobilization. Last time I rent a apartment, the machine was in the bathroom and the floor was not even under its four corners so it shook like hell when spinning.

Andreas said...

Hi Eriko, your apartment is really nice!! I am not sure about Europe in general, but having the washing machine in the kitchen is very uncommon in Germany although it is not totally unusual.

Where I live most apartment complexes have an extra room in the basement where everyone puts their machine and hangs the laundry. Putting the washing machine inside the bathroom is also common in apartments.

@oussama: Usually European-style washing machines have height-adjustable "legs" to cope with non-planar floors. Which country did you live in?

The Great Smurf said...

well, you're not technically in europe...that's UK. In spain, the washing machine usually set outside, in the a rear balcony devoted to hanging clothes, but UK is far to rainy. Regards.